Read the latest issue of the HealthWatch Newsletter online now!
New for 2021: we have given the HealthWatch Newsletter an updated format, with individual articles fully readable and searchable online. This latest issue features seven original articles - including brave exclusives from new contributors - as well as news about our charity's mission to promote evidence and integrity in health care.
The HealthWatch Newsletter remains free to view, download and share. HealthWatch members will shortly receive their personal printed copy of the newsletter if they have opted to do so. Links to the full newsletter and individual articles are below, or access a printable pdf format here.
Inside Newsletter 114
Published January 2021
- NEWS Transparency campaign success; challenging the Charities Commission; breast cancer surgery advance; "Pseudoscience kills"; a new sponsor for the HealthWatch Student Prize; and much more
- INVESTIGATION The case for a register of doctors' interests: Simon Peck shares his shocking findings in the private healthcare sector
- HEALTHWATCH AWARDWINNER 2020 Bringing stats to the masses: Jennifer Rogers explains how to make sense of data during a global pandemic
- REPORT FROM HEALTHWATCH'S CHAIR HealthWatch Chair Susan Bewley sums up 2020
- PSYCHOLOGICAL TREATMENTS Caroline Struthers' devastating commentary takes the case of ME treatments to explain why it is not only drugs and devices that can harm
- STUDENTS How Matthew Choy scooped the top prize in last year's HealthWatch Student Prize competition, with some brilliant runner-up entries
- NUTRITION The trouble with nutrition research, by David Bender
- LAST WORD Caroline Richmond on how Lily the Pink and Dr Crippen made their secret remedies, and a century-old war on quackery
Join us by becoming a member of HealthWatch and a supporter of science and integrity in healthcare.