The Summer 2019 issue of the HealthWatch Newsletter is now online here! After a short break, this latest newsletter is a full 18 pages of news, feature articles and meeting reports.
And look out next week for more news, from HealthWatch Symposium 2019: Evidence, Healthcare and Medical Devices & Implants, to be held on Monday 17th June. A stellar line-up including Prof Carl Henegan, Dr Deborah Cohen and Prof Peter McCulloch will be with us to bring some clarity of thinking to this painful area of legislation. Report and an important new background paper will be online in the coming days.
The HealthWatch Newsletter is free to read and download. HealthWatch members will shortly receive their personal printed copy of the newsletter if they have opted to do so.
Inside number 109:
- NEWS International support for HealthWatch exposing AgeX flaws; Outrage over Lancet’s trachea transplant article; and lots more news
- FROM GP TO MP Sarah Wollaston tells how to lose friends but try to influence people
- BREAST CANCER TREATMENT Doctor’s dilemma or patient’s choice?
- DE-BUNKING Great minds speak out on how to tackle healthcare misinformation
- PUBLIC HEALTH Older people are being left stranded and let down by NHS transport
- THE CHAIR SAYS Susan Bewley: “we are part of an influencing network” HealthWatch’s change in focus
- STUDENTS The latest winners of the HealthWatch Student Prize
- OBITUARY A farewell to Michael O’Donnell, doctor and editor, by Dr Colin Brewer
- LAST WORD David Bender deals with misleading claims, California-style
Join us by becoming a member of HealthWatch and a supporter of science and integrity in healthcare.