The highlights of the Autumn 2016 issue of the HealthWatch Newsletter are now online! In our Highlights you can read our news stories in full, plus tasters of the features:
- NEWS Breast screening victory in Uruguay, and more news on science and integrity from home and abroad
- NEWS FEATURE Les Rose has exposed charities that promote unproven and useless remedies to the sick and vulnerable. This is the latest on his public campaign, and – finally – news of possible action from the Charities Commission
- ALTERNATIVE TREATMENTS Evidence needed! For effective therapies for disabled children. Christopher Morris from PenCRU on a resource that promotes quality information for affected families
- MEDIA Is “balance” always necessary in news reporting? An extract from the latest book by awardwinning author and journalist John Illman
- MEETING REPORT Students are the future of HealthWatch. John Kirwan and Debra Bick on the inspiration generated by our healthcare student workshop
The full text, published version of the HealthWatch Newsletter is available to HealthWatch members only, who receive it direct by e-mail or post as requested. Join us by becoming a member of HealthWatch and a supporter of science and integrity in medicine.
All HealthWatch newsletter content becomes fully open access 12 months after original publication – in the most recent open access issue of the HealthWatch Newsletter (Autumn 2015) you can now read Colin Brewer’s thoughtful feature on the government’s plans to reduce suicides; nutrition expert David Bender on internet promises of eternal youth; and Nick Ross presents a controversial view on medical confidentiality.
Notes to Editors:
HealthWatch is the charity that has been promoting science and integrity in medicine since 1991
Media enquiries: please contact our press office, which is manned continually, using the media contact form
Further information from: www.healthwatch-uk.org
HealthWatch has no connection with the organisation “Healthwatch England”